It was less than 284 days ago that I took a pic of Weight Watchers location front on 40 and sang its praises. Today, I take a picture (it's far away, as I was at the light, since I forgot to snap one before I started driving away) as I contemplate ditching the meetings.For a few months now I've been getting tired of hearing meat this, dairy that. Every piece of literature they give us is loaded with recipes that include some sort of dairy and meat, and coupons for dairy this and totally processed foodz stuffs. But it's coming to a point where I do not want to go. I'm not getting anything out of it most of the time. And days like today's meeting- there was SOO much talk of food (which could be such a great thing!) that I was getting physically ill with all the mention of cheese, fake butter, ham, chicken, Walmart (GAG)... top that off with the look I got from our leader when I told her what I'd been eating recently for breakfasts. See, she said "How do we get filling foods in, let's start with breakfast" SO I told her about how I'm eating powerhouse sammiches lately. She says "what's that" I tell her- guacamole (or just sliced avocado), bean dip (or hummus), loads of alphalfa sprouts, sliced cucumbers and sometimes sliced tomato. Dude, you would have thought I told her that I eat the bodies of poisoned rats for breakfast. The look of "wuuuaaahhhht????" as her head tilted to the side and her eyes popped out, albeit for about 1.5 seconds, just did me in. I was like you have GOT to be kidding me.
SO, yeah. Weight Watchers is, in general, a great and wonderful and awesome thing. I am truely grateful for it, in fact I believe it has helped me in more ways than I have really shared with many people. But I think the time has come where we must part ways. I'm thinking about keeping the online membership, it's vastly cheaper and the tools and recipes are very helpful. And I found a vegetarian community board on the site. So that's cool. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment