Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 293

Thursday was Geri Day. After waking up with no pants, I enjoyed a day to myself at the zoo, the National Art Gallery, a simple yet INCREDIBLE lunch at an Indian resto and then dinner and a Jeff Dunham show for Billy's bday thanks to Aim. I walked for several hours and was completely exhausted by the end of the day. It was a truely fine and wonderful day. :)








Veggie Combo at Little India- a resto across from the Woodley Park-ZOO Redline stop. By far the BEST Indian food I have EVER had. And I've had a pretty decent amount of it.



Now to the National Art Gallery. Unbenownst to me there was a special exhibit- all of the collected works of the Dale family. They had fantastic taste. There were a few Modigliani's, who is by far my most favoritest painter in the universe. SO I was pretty darn thrilled. Yay!!
Modigliani's Nude on a Blue Cushin.
Modigliani's Gypsie Woman with Infant
Modigliani's Chaim Soutine.
Van Gogh's The Olive Orchard.


This has long been one of my favorite paintings, it's called Street in Venice. It's by an American painter but his name escapes me at the moment...



I always forget that Renoir did this huge painting of the Goddess Diana. I'm like a goldfish and it's the little plastic castle. Each time it's a surprise.



Renoir's Odalisque. The detail in this painting is just amazing.



Monet's Houses of Parliament, Sunset. All of Monet's Parliament paintings rank high in my book.




Pissarro's Boulevard des Italians, Morning, Sunlight. I love these types of scenes. It's like I can hear the horses walking, the people chatting, the hustle and bustle of it all.




Matisse's La Coiffure



Harnett's The Violin. For those of you unfamiliar with Harnett, yes, that is a painting. Amazing, yes? Yes.


Peto's Breakfast. This painting was falsly signed by Harnett. I'm SOO curious as to why! Must google this...


Boudin's Beach at Villerville.




Dinner at La Tasca with friends for Billy's Birthday, and the Jeff Dunham show after. Billy got a very fitting hat- BeerMe Now. HAHA :P

I didn't get a pic of Jeff with his first puppet, Walter, who was BY FAR my favorite. But he he is with Achmed. Who will Keel You. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment