Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 269

I am getting in my Amazon books I ordered a week or so ago when I needed some retail therapy. Yay! I'm super glad to have this one (and the other one that arrived on Day 269- a dairy free cookbook.) Hey, I know I'm not vegan, but I am almost every day and I certainly am as far as every damn restaurant in existance is concerned. I may eat 2 types of meat that live natural lives and are killed as mercifully as possible (read: no slaughterhouse, no skinning alive) from time to time, but I certainly don't directly contribute to the veal industry by eating dairy. (ever since I Was in elementary school I've had a serious problem with the veal industry, so you can imagine how hard it hit me to learn that you might as well eat veal if you eat dairy. *sigh*)
I asked a friend the other night when she tried to 'convince' me that there's no difference between the buffalo I eat that is killed in the field quickly vs the cow you eat that has been QUITE LITERALLY tortured to death- I asked "Zoie, if you HAD to die, would you rather A) a bullet to the head, or B) skinned alive, hung on hooks by your bones alive and then ripped apart piece by piece alive until you die?" Yeah. DIDN'T THINK SO.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I have lots of vegan cookbooks if you want to borrow them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I am so happy and proud that you and Mike are so considerate of the the animals and are nearly vegan that it with all the love in the world that I say, since I have the freedom to choose, I would select option C) Allowed to live my life in peace and not be killed and eaten at all.

    ReplyDelete