Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 79


Today's post was prompted by news of a death, and encouraged by what helps to heal. I woke up sick, so I'm taking lots of this today. It also reminds me of Michael Arfaris. Not because he ever took a vitamin in his life (he might have, buuuutttt those of us who knew him might gues probably not), but because he died of lung cancer. And they say smokers benefit hugely by taking vitamin c supplements. It helps offset the damage they're doing to their lungs. Michael Arfaris smoked far too much for any vitamin C dosage to help him, though. Some thought he was an ass, some thought he was a good enough guy. Some thought he could be awesome if he just stopped drinking. Some took the good with the bad till the bad got to be too much. I didn't find out until yesterday that he died last February. I was hoping to see him just one more time in my life. Put a little closure to my Mom's death (from lung cancer, too). Too complicated to explain I guess. And certainly not everyone would understand it. But oh well. Here's to you, Vitamin C. You're my favorite vitamin in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment